The heat is coming. Are you ready?
5 Signs You Need New Windows
In addition to having The Home Improvement Group install a beautiful deck at your home, homeowners want to consider the condition of their windows. Energy efficient windows are the way to go to lower your heating and cooling costs.
- Are you hearing outside noise? High quality windows that are going to offer you the most protection will allow less noise to penetrate. If you hear a lot of noise, then your windows may not be correctly sealed or they may be constructed poorly. New double- or triple-pane glass windows insulated with Argon or Krypton gas can decrease outdoor noise, which is especially helpful if you live in a busy neighborhood or on a busy road.
- Do you feel a draft when your windows are closed? Poor installation and faulty seals may force your air conditioning system to work overtime. Get in touch with The Home Improvement Group of Michiana to make sure that your windows are correctly installed and don’t let your money fly out your window.
- Check the condition of your window frames. Window frames that are damaged by water can start to sag. Window frames may feel soft if they are damaged by water and beginning to rot. Do not hesitate to get in touch if you think your window frames are damaged.
- Are your windows difficult to open, close, or lock? If you have these difficulties, it is likely that your windows may not be correctly balanced. Again, windows that are rotting or damaged by water may cause these problems. This may, also, cause security problems at your home.
- Condensation build up between glass layers or cracked window glass. If you notice that your windows are frosting between the layers of glass, it means that your seals have failed, allowing moisture between the glass panes. Once the seals fail, any insulating gas used to make the window energy efficient is now gone. Cracked window glass allows additional spots for air to leak in and out of your window.
The Home Improvement Group Can Help You Keep Your Home Energy Efficient
Make sure that your monthly energy bill remains low. Optimally functioning energy-efficient windows will save you money on your monthly heating and cooling costs.
Replacing your windows can also improve the security of your home with stronger glass and advanced locking systems. The strong seal that energy-efficient windows provide make it much more difficult for intruders to penetrate.